- First, do no harm.
- Respect the healing power of nature to promote self-healing.
- Treat the cause by identifying and removing the factors causing poor health.
- Treat the whole person, through individualized care that considers the body, mind and spirit.
- Act as a teacher, to educate patients about health and motivate them to make better lifestyle choices. The word doctor is from the Latin docere, meaning “to teach”.
- Emphasize prevention of disease, so that we can all be healthier, individually and globally, now and for future generations
Principles of Naturopathic Medicineinyerface