What conditions may benefit from Nebulizer Inhalation Therapy?
Upper And Lower Respiratory Tract Infections (Cold And Flu)
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Chronic Otitis Media With Effusion
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Disorder
The bodies # 1 detoxifier, glutathione is found in almost every cell in our body and has a wider number of therapeutic benefits. Poorly absorbed in oral form, glutathione is best administered as an IV injection or in aerosol (nebulized) form. It has been shown to:
- Increases immune function by increasing the number of white blood cells.
- Reduces ear fullness, nasal obstruction and runny nose (rhinorrhea).
- Decreasing mucous production and thickness by acting as a mucolytic.
- Increases the amount of oxygen carried in the red blood cells.
- Quenches free radicals in the respiratory tract thus decreasing oxidant damage to lung tissue.
- Decreases smoking induced damage to lung tissue.
- Decreases allergic symptoms due to pollution.
Totally noninvasive, a mask is placed over the nose and mouth and a cool mist is breathed in slowly for about 10 – 15 minutes. Glutathione has a mild sulphurous smell, and the treatment itself is painless. Treatment frequency depends on need, with symptomatic relief of colds and flus seen immediately. In severe cases, 2 – 3 treatments per week for 4 weeks is sufficient to improve pulmonary function and allergies. At this point the dosing is decreased to 1 treatment per week for 3-4 weeks. Milder cases typically require fewer treatments per week.